6 Turmeric Body Scrub Benefits You Can’t Miss Out On
“Great skin doesn’t happen by chance, it happens by taking good care of it”- Unknown. When it comes to having healthy looking skin there are a couple things you can do in order to look and feel luxurious every day.
One of them, of course, is by taking care of your health. You can buy all the expensive creams out there and still have cellulite if your diet is full of sugar and you live a sedentary life.
Remember, health is the foundation of great skin.
Now that we got the basics out of the way, how can a turmeric body scrub help you achieve that enviable skin glow?
Here are the 6 most well known benefits of a turmeric scrub:
- 1) Helps with the appearance of cellulite. Almost every woman has a little bit of cellulite. And even though it’s a relatively common occurrence, it’s nice to smooth it out with a nice turmeric body scrub whenever possible.
The circular motion of the scrub will help with blood circulation which in turn helps to diminish that orange peel appearance.
Good circulation is vital for beautiful looking skin.
- 2) Brightens skin. Turmeric is a natural bleacher and a great antioxidant which all contribute to diminish acne, dark spots, and inflammatory issues.
Buying a turmeric face scrub can help you achieve an amazing glow and need less foundation over time (hello to waking up beautiful!).
A turmeric body scrub will also have the same effect for the rest of the body.
- 3) Anti-aging effects. When you turn 30 your cell turnover will become slower and your skin won’t look as radiant as it did when you were in your twenties.
Because of that, your skin will need extra help when it comes to moisture and anti-oxidants.
Using a great antioxidant scrub (like turmeric) will not only help with diminishing free radical damage, but also help you gain back your glow (especially if you use a moisturizer after the scrub) - giving you that nice rejuvenating effect.
- 4) Helps you get rid of dead skin cells. According to board certified dermatologist Andrea Suarez and contrary to popular belief, your skin doesn’t need exfoliation all the time.
In fact, it can be damaging to over-exfoliate since dead skin cells can also serve as a protective barrier.
By occasionally taking away dead and dry skin you will not only prevent skin issues (like calluses in the feet or acne), but also help your skin look more radiant, young, and vibrant. The key is moderation.
After 30, because of the delayed skin cell turnover, your body needs some extra support getting rid of the accumulated dead cells.
- 5) Turmeric is anti-bacterial. Bacteria is one of the leading causes of acne, infection, and… body odor.
If you want to smell and look sexy it can be a good idea to incorporate turmeric based products in your self-care routine.
- 6) Helps with hyperpigmentation. One study shows that turmeric based cosmetics can improve hyperpigmentation by 14% over the course of four weeks.
Paired with a scrub, you have a powerful tool for smoother looking skin.
Scrubs can potentially worsen hyperpigmentation if not used correctly, so always remember to wear sunscreen and only exfoliate at night.
To conclude, in order to get all these benefits and more, you need to use turmeric body scrubs in moderation.
Turmeric is a great way to clear your skin, reduce inflammation, treat hyperpigmentation, and make your skin look and feel smoother.
The skin is your largest organ and one of the easiest ways to tell how healthy you are is by looking at your skin.
Investing in your skin is investing in yourself, and there’s no better investment than that.